How can you have a great landscaping logo in Long Beach California 90888?
- Train workers to ensure that they understand all of the job hazards and can handle tools and equipment safely.
- Report unsafe working conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Identify and destroy harmful or noxious plants such as poison ivy.
- Protect against insects with insect repellents or protective clothing when needed.
- Use caution in areas where you may encounter wild animals or unfriendly domestic ones.
- Rest periodically during strenuous jobs such as digging or sawing: work-rest schedules vary according to temperature conditions, how strenuous the work is, and how acclimatized (“used to”) the worker is to the workload.
- Make sure emergency telephone numbers are clearly posted or readily available.
- Know the location of the first aid kit and how to use the contents.
- Carry a ‘bee sting’ kit if there is a chance of a severe allergic reaction to an insect sting. Make sure co-workers are trained to assist.
- Do not touch stray or dead animals. Contact an animal control agency for removal.
- Wear respiratory protection if you must clean up waste, leaves or dust that may contain mouse or bird droppings. Mice can carry the hantavirus which can become airborne with dust and may be inhaled by workers. Bird droppings can carry a microorganism that may cause psittacosis – a flu-like illne
- All outdoor workers should be aware of Lyme disease. Determine if ticks that spread the disease are in your area. Get medical assistance quickly if you think you have been bitten by a tick.
- Outdoor workers should also be aware of West Nile virus. West Nile virus is spread to humans by the bite of an infected mosquito.
- Be aware of expected weather conditions for the day, and plan accordingly. Have plans about where to go if severe weather hits. Know where to seek shelter in a thunderstorm (fully enclosed metal vehicles, with windows up or a building (not sheds).
- Learn proper hand washing techniques. Wash your hands thoroughly after working or using pesticides, before eating, using the washroom, or changing tasks (using different tools and/or different locations).
While there are many tips in these Landscaping Los Angeles California documents, the following OSH Answers may also provide additional information